A FARM TO TABLE DINNER AT ART FARM
GRAB YOUR SPOT
Member only event. Join now!
Dine amongst sculpture on a four-acre Art farm in North Saco. Experience the sculptural energy of this semi-rural artist live-work haven.
Come take a tour of the Art Farm, then sit down to a multi-course meal prepared by Chef Eva of Spoondrift Kitchen. During the evening you will have an opportunity to listen to resident artist Patrik Pierce talk about his sculptures and more.
CHEF EVA: Eva is the chef and owner of Spoondrift Kitchen, a personal chef service based in Portland, Maine. She uses food as a vessel to create community and ritual in our lives. Her cooking highlights ingredients that are locally sourced and shine in their simplicity.
Eva cooks as a way to tell stories -- inspired by her many travels, ancestors, the farmers who grow the ingredients. Join Eva at the table for a collective experience that nourishes, inspires, and connects.
THE ART FARM: Four acres or a former working farm since 1834 , Patrik and Kathleen transformed it into an art farm. Sculptures are placed amid fields and woods integrating art with nature. Blue birds, red birds, yellow birds, flickers, hawks. It's a rare oasis of serenity in a frenzied world. I settled in North Saco, Maine in 2014, called by the calm energy of a former working farm, where so much productive life has unfolded since 1834.
They have turned the large horse barn into both a gallery and a work space. Horse stalls now display vignettes for sculpture, painting and lighting.
*Entire menu is gluten free* Almost entire menu is sourced from local Maine farms
Here a menu Eva especially created for us, inspired by local seasonal produce and Patrik's art work
• WELCOME DRINK (a surprise)
• AMUSE BOUCHE TO START Creamy fall squash and leek soupette with fried local cheese crouton, crème fraîche
• FIRST COURSE Spiral zucchini tower, local chèvre, blistered tomatoes, fresh herbs from the garden, edible flowers, pumpkin seed brittle
• ENTREE Local chicken confit with caper chimichurri | preserved lemon cream stuffed Maine potato, cider braised cabbage, parmesan tuille. Vegetarian option: Cauliflower steak instead of chicken.
• DESSERT Buckwheat apple and pear galette with apple brandy granita, almond cream